Friday, January 9, 2009

Dear Hip-Hop

Dear Hip Hop,


Its been quite some time since I last seen you. I Remember when I was in high school, I use to follow you around dying to battle any punks to jump up to get beat down. I'll admit you were my first crush. I followed you to another coast to rekindle my love. I mean who didn't love or admire you and your crew that consisted of so many great Femcee's and MCs (Queen Latifah, 2 Pac, Biggie, Nas, LL, Black Moon, CoCo Brovas, to name a few).


If you only knew how much I truly MISS and LOVE you who else would've convinced me to sample Blue Cheese, Pink Cookies, Cappuccino, CREAM or a chance to Lose My Wallet in El Segundo. I fondly remember you promoting UNITY, man that place had cats begging to get into ciphers (whether it be rhyming or dancing). Through all the murky cannabis smoke and body heat from lifted heads at the Varsity Theater that's when I knew you loved me back.

But I noticed you changed after the death of Big L, Freaky Tah, Pac, Biggie and J Dilla. I guess that's when you decided to propose to that home wrecker R&B and years later you conceived Crunk which took a bit getting use to. When you cheated on me, I fell seriously in love with basketball. I ran into Neo Soul she said she enjoys the way you stare at her and is ready for you to make a move. Hip Hop your a confused man, torn in between several lovers. Stay cheating on your first love, I know in due time you'll get over this lyrical illness until then I'll be waiting patiently.


~ "O" The Touring Empress



akien'O/Split Personality Productions © copy rights reserved 2008






1 comment:

  1. Good refrence ma. You seem to know alot about hiphop. Maybe my music will make you write some deep shit to. be easy ma

    ReplyDelete